Friday, December 26, 2014

Well, so much for stopping to clean up.
But it's done! The top at least. I would do some things differently if I were to do it again. Not so sure I love the degree of difference in the widths of the black borders. Think I should have kept the variation within a narrower scope. Also, maybe would have kept the light blue centers more ordered, less crazy-quilt like. Something I like: the black fabrics I used. I've shied away from using black fabrics in my quilts to date—it always seems to dominate too much. But I think now it's use is more about balance (like everything, I guess). It does provide a nice deep contrast for the deeper blue.

4 comments:

  1. You may be right about the black -- I like the uneven-ness, but maybe a bit more controlled would be better. But I disagree about the blues in the centers -- love the crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, B. Yeah, my eye keeps going to one bit in particular - that super chunky black border, in the middle, bottom row. Eh, oh well.

      Delete
  2. I understand your self criticism ... something we all do, I suppose. The overall effect is really wonderful, and so cool how it was inspired by a dress.

    ReplyDelete